Asian Kurtas: A Must-Have Wardrobe Essential for Women!
Ladies Kurtas and salwar kameez top the list when it comes to considering the versatility of a garment. If accessorized aptly, these are the only attires that women can wear on every occasion. Kurtis or salwar kameez are mostly worn by women in South Asia, especially in countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, and Afghanistan. However, the comfort and ease of wearing the outfit have made Kurtis and salwar kameez a popular choice in other parts of the world too. Today, you will find several online marketplaces offering salwar kameez and Asian kurta for womens in the UK or USA.
Have you already considered buying a kurta or salwar kameez for yourself? Keep reading to know the different types of salwar kameez and the trendiest way to style them. But before that, let’s find out what exactly is a salwar kameez or an Asian Kurta.
Table of Contents
Kurta & Salwar Kameez: Overview
In literary terms, kurtas or kurtis refer to jackets, coats, or blouses that sit above the waistline. However, modern Kurtas or kurtis, worn by women are long-stitched dresses with slits on both sides. It’s a versatile and comfortable attire that women can wear at both formal and casual events.
Talking about salwar kameez, it’s an ethnic three-piece set that comprises a tunic, a trouser, and a scarf (known as dupatta). The tunic is kameez while the trouser is called salwar. Salwar Kameez aka Shalwar qameez is a traditional dress that was initially introduced by Muslims to southern parts of Asia in the 13th century.
Available in a multitude of designs, materials, embellishments, and patterns, salwar kameez is usually sewn by professional tailors who have hands-on experience in stitching ethnic clothes.
Kurta & Salwar Kameez: Popular Types
- Anarkali: These are frock-style ethnic dresses with floor-length tunics. The frock design kameez without any slit on the sides cover the upper body entirely. Designer Anarkali salwar suits with asymmetrical hems are in trend over the last few years. While simple Anarkali suits made up of cotton or chiffon material can be considered for daily wear, the ones with heavy mirrors or embroidery work can grab everyone’s attention at a wedding event.
- Long Straight Tunics: The demand for long kurta or kameez has gained massive popularity in recent times. If styled aptly, long straight kurtas or kameez can become a perfect outfit for day outings, parties, and brunches. Women can also consider this attire for office wear. Pakistani kurtas are a form of long tunics; it’s just that Pakistani kurtas are loose-fitted and feature traditional prints. You can avail of such outfits from reputed sites that offer Pakistani clothes online in the UK.
- Flared Tunics: Although flared kurtas or kameez look similar to Anarkali tunics; they are slightly different. Flared kurtas are loose-fitted and look great on tall, slim body types. They can be worn as a gown or paired with trousers, stockings, and tights. To keep the look simple and classy, you can style your flared kurti or kameez with chains, ear cuffs, or studs. In addition, you can also create a stunning office look by pairing flared tunic with bellies or flat sandals.
- Kaftans: Modern-day Kaftan Kurtis has become every Asian woman’s wardrobe essential over the last 2-3 years. From beach parties to night outings, this attire can be worn on multiple occasions and events. This is go-to casual yet gorgeous wear that women love wearing in summers. Wearing a kaftan can give you a cool and trendy vibe, turning all heads toward you. Although they are usually worn as a dress, they can be paired with trousers, jeans, tights, etc.
Now that you know the available types of Asian kurta for womens in the UK, let’s discuss some of the essential styling tips that can take the look of your outfit to the next level.
Consider pairing your kurta or kameez with one of the below items to look stunning and trendy.
- Skirt: Pairing your kurti or kameez with a skirt can help you achieve a chic look. It is an apt outfit for informal occasions and events.
- Salwar: A kurti with salwar or kameez with salwar is an age-old popular combo for ethnic looks. Picking up a lively colored salwar allows you to customize your outfit to your style.
- Sharara: Short kurtis or kameez and shararas are a trendy combo since ages. However, plain kurtis or kameez with embellished shararas can be the best outfit for any occasion.
Kurtis or salwar kameez are everyday outfits that are widely recognized and loved by women from all parts of the world. It’s one of the most comfortable attires that women would have ever thought of wearing at an occasion or event. So, if you still haven’t tried it, it’s time to pick a designer kurta or salwar kameez. Just search on the web and you will come up with a long list of suppliers offering Asian kurta for womens in the UK.